Thursday 9 December 2010

Meeting, and renewals

Sister's birthday party over the weekend meant I met loads of people who I'd not seen in 20 or more years. That, along with fancy dress, and plenty of beer and food made for a good evening.
Scary amounts of ice on the way out made for a painful evening for several people, and even more near misses as people nearly went flying. Number One Son, however walked normally over the sheet of ice, utterly unbothered by it, and didn't so much as wobble...

Lots of driving followed, back home then taking Number One Son back to college.

Lastly I went to what is coming to be known as a Tweet-up, or a Twiss-up. Lots of people I talk to via Twitter, a bar, lots of "Oh my god!" style exclaimations, wine and cocktails all round... Was great fun. And thought provoking as lots of people from very different backgrounds, different agendas, different outlooks made for an interesting night.

Great train journey home too - I'm fairly happy to talk to strangers as it is, but after a few beers... try to stop me! So I ended up chatting to a group of musicians who work in the West End on a variety of big musicals. Had a 'right larff'.
No great lessons learned, but a great day. I even managed to spend an hour or so in the British Museum, one of my favourite places in the world.

A version of this song was in my head all day - Enjoy.
The Diggers Song.

No comments:

Post a Comment