Wednesday 26 January 2011

A week is a long time in politics...

A week ago, or there abouts, I was being told that as our hours had increased we would be due a pay rise. Other advantages would be coming our way - Life was improving and Big Brother would make sure we were happy.
Today the snide little toerag I sadly share a surname with, but NO DNA I hasten to add, was going round telling people that my department was being shut down and the product was to be bought from another company. He told the engineers, his department, production... but not me. The only person affected by this possible development, and he didn't even tell me.
So when I asked the boss, who looked suitably shocked that news was out, I was absolutely guilt free that toerags balls will be in a vice tomorrow morning.

So the situation is...
The company might buy the product from elsewhere.
I might, along with 2 colleagues, be made redundant.
It might not happen.

I've drunk some wine and eaten too much bad food tonight. I need some comfort, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment