Wednesday 2 February 2011

In which there are Panics over nothing

I felt truly awful last night. Fluey, sick, tired, down, morbid...
So I headed to bed at 11ish (I am off work so this is allowed!)
And this morning I woke up at just after 6am to see my phone blinking in the dark with the usual Twitter messages from the early risers and late stayers.
I flipped the touchscreen open and saw a missed call. The worry started there and ran headlong into panic. Who would call me at gone eleven at night. Well, LBJ (maybe but probably not), Dad, and Number 1Son.
Any which way, its not good news.

It was Number 1.
Oh shit.

Then I see there's a text message from 5 minutes later.
It said "Just out in (Adoptive City) and saw that The Hold Steady are playing this month. Thought you'd like to know, don't call me back, I'm out on the razz."

Was so tempted to phone him and claim I hadn't read the text... But that would be Bad Parenting. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment