Thursday 25 March 2010

Exceptions prove rules...

And today was a good day. I enjoyed work.
My Crap Boss didn't annoy the shit out of me.
The Ignorant Git on my level was in a right mood, and it didn't bother me.
The plant seems to have gone into one of its "I've decided to behave" periods.
All of which was unusual, to say the least.

Even the drive home was fine.
Alain de Boutain was on the radio on my way home. He was very interesting and I was wondering how this guy has managed to get so completely under my radar. Further investigation is needed.
Following on from that (in a very loose way) I'd always had the expression "The exception that proves the rule", as most people I've heard do, completely wrong
The expression is, of course, not using the word "prove" in the sense of proving who, or what, did something, but in the sense of "proving ground", thereby, to test, possibly to destruction.
Clever stuff, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment