Monday 1 March 2010

Another depressingly long slog of work over the next few weeks.
2nights, 2 off, 7 days, 2 off, 4nights, 3 off, 5 days, 3 off, 4 days, Bank Holiday weekend, 5 nights.

I just want to give up. Stop. No more. I'm crying all the time. I can't get rested. I hurt. If I had £50 in the bank I'd quit the place and never go back.
Why can't I find a job that doesn't want to kill me? The last 4 jobs I've had have all (at one time or another) made me work ridiculous hours, injured me, harmed my mental health, and left me worse off in pretty much every sense of the word.

Is that the way it is for everyone, or is it just me? It certainly feels like its just me... When I was out with my friends recently one guy was telling me what a tough time they were having. I sympathised as he told me about the renovation of the new house, the problems with his £40K car, the trip to Mexico, Florida, Costa Rica and Jamaica... I didn't tell him how I felt about his 25-30 hour week, the time he can spend gaming online, the stay at home wife raising the kids, and the fact that he stops work in early December and starts again in February. Happy Xmas! I'm bitching. He works hard in his way, and I know there are times he does a lot more hours than that... but...

Oh, what's the bloody point?

No comments:

Post a Comment