Wednesday 2 June 2010

Camberwell Carrot, anyone?

On another week of nights, which seem (tempting fate again) to be going OK, but I've still had time for a bit of a catch up with one or two people.

I decided to download some music and wanted to collect a track from bands I'd seen at a festival we used to go to as a group a few years ago. Me and Wifey were the only couple at the time, and along with LBJ and Eddie Munster, we used to stay at Yankee Boy's last UK residence and spend a weekend pretending we were still 18, could still rock'n'roll, could still drink all night and party evveeeeeeeeryyyyy dayyyyyyyyyyyy! Which we could... for a day or two. Then Monday would hit and we'd all be completely fucked and have to travel back to our various cities of residence and spend time at our work desks before we recovered on Friday.
Anhway, I'd got a list of about 20 tracks and thought I was doing OK, but it certainly wasn't the list of 5 years worth of festival going - so I sent out a round robin email.
I should have known better.
The accusations started flying almost immediately.
"I went to see them while you were watching the Sugarbabes with Wifey" I told LBJ.
"I NEVER went to see the Sugarbabes... and anyway, YOU went to see Atomic Kitten!" she replied.
I was pretty sure I'd never seen AK, and said so. Yankee Boy said he thought AK were the year before I first went, and confusion reigned about who the band were before the good band we had actually wanted to see! The emails kept flying... Remember Massive Attack? What about you falling over that girl? You were wigging out to Nickleback!/I never was/yes you were! How could you forget the Pixies? You were so drunk - pah, not as drunk as you when... Did you really wear that hat? Toilets? How did the car get scratched? Tiger Woods? Great band/Terrible band/who??
Several hours of this sort of thing were only brought to an end when I had to get dressed and go to work.

It was fun first time around, and almost as much fun on the emails...

Overnight, Wifey sorted the AK/Sugarbabe confusion. She and LBJ tried to see Mis-Teeq, Sugarbabes were on before the good band, and I never saw AK. Oh, and Coldplay were on twice, apparently. I didn't see them either time. I'm too cool for that.
I think that's right... I was very, very drunk...

Oh, and the playlist will be posted on... a website, but not this one. Sorry.
Go make your own memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment