Thursday 19 August 2010

Too many emotions for one day.

I woke up at 5:30 and was surprised to hear No1 Son moving about. I thought then that he had to be more keyed up about his results that he was letting on. I got up at 6:20 and he called me. "I think I've got in!" We looked at the UCAS site and I said that I didn't think that's what it was actually saying.
I went for my cuppa and took him one too. Wifey was there and they were debating what I thought was a pretty straight forward message on the screen. I left them too it!
About 8:15 he came down with the the laptop. The message had changed and he had got in to his chosen university, and course.
Joy was unconfined, Wifey went to work, and then at about 10am I took him in to get his actual results. BBC. More than enough to go away to college, and far better than Wifey and I had expected. Feeling very proud and happy I was a bit shocked to be told "Don't talk to my friends." after I asked one girl how she had done. A few minutes later I was told to leave and he would see me when he got in. OK. Thanks.

I slept a bit this afternoon, after visiting Tesco. Then, when Wifey came home, she said "You'll need to get these days off. You have to take him to college." I can't, The Ginger Ninja is on holiday. I tried explaining a couple of times, but was given the shortest of shrift.
A couple of hours later I managed to get through to her that I work solo and not, like she does, in a team. If I want a day off 3 other people have to be rota'd to cover it. I can't just decide to cancel a day off and go in. Once they are in, that's it, pretty much.
I was rather looking forward to taking him to college. A long talk in the car. Tell him what the opportunities are going to be, not to waste it... to embrace it fully. But I wont be able to.

Its all been a bit more than I can cope with today.

No comments:

Post a Comment