Tuesday 10 November 2009

Angry

The screen on my laptop has sudenly stopped working.
Numer 1 son handed it to Wifey. It was OK when it was handed over. I saw her logging on. She was annoyed that she'd had to wait for it as he was working, and even more annoyed that he'd logged of instead of "switch user". She was using the keys pretty damn aggressively. Hitting them hard and cursing under her breath.
Then "Why is the screen off?"
I said I didn't know and sometimes it went blank while logging on.
But soon it was apparent that was not the case. I tried for 10 minutes, then Number 1 came back and tried as well. All through this she sat sullen and sulking because she couldn't go on Facebook.
I pointed out that I will be without email or any contact for my whole week at work when I leave tomorrow if we can't get it fixed. This, it seems, is only a small issue compared to the possible failure of a Farmville crop.
She has gone to bed. I've spent an hour scouring the net for possible solutions, but am going to my local PC fixer tomorrow morning instead of having a chilled out day.

I'm pissed (in the US sense, not the UK sense) as I have been scowled at, have to put myself out, and will have to spend cash for something I didn't do... and she wont admit that there is a possibility that she could have caused the issue. Despite me seeing the screen on when she got it "He must have done something" is all she kept saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment