Sunday 22 November 2009

Too Many Roads...

Lots of driving this weekend.
Lots of coffee.
Not much sleep.
Lots of stress.
Am currently at home and have a short while to myself...

So... my niece was christened. I read something from the bible - which was just a bunch of words, but everyone said was lovely. Then to a pub afterwards - "no beer, I'm driving, thanks" was the order of business. Met other sisters new boyfriend, who seems normal, which is odd - knowing her.
Saw some people I haven't seen or a while, but it was all a bit too much (too many people, not enough room, skittish father making me nervous) and I started with a panic attack, so I got out and went for a short walk. Cleared my head before it all got too much.
Then went to the home to visit my mum who is OK, rambling as usual, and has lost her teeth (best not to think about who might have them!) but is OK. It was less stressful than I thought it was going to be, actually, but still not the way it should be.

Drive back was as much of a joy as the British motorway system usually is. Psycho truckers, roadworks, assholes and general lack of awareness... that, and general tiredness, meant too much coffee and no food. So the last 20 miles were characterised by a racing heart, nausea, and general feelings of unwellness... We grabbed a takeaway near home and I feel better for having eaten.

I am almost looking forward to work tomorrow... Almost... bah - who am I kidding?

No comments:

Post a Comment