Saturday 28 November 2009

Weekend

Well... That was a weekend and a half. Well, It was 2 days of the week and the a Saturday!

As I said - I got home mid-afternoon on Wednesday, somewhat stunned and a bit light headed. And spent the rest of the day trying to get myself back on an even keel. Thursday I managed to do nothing of any use, and spent the whole day in a very black mood, trying to raise myself above the level of pond-scum... no, that's not true, more like the green slime at the bottom of the pond that the snails wont eat.
But in the end I took Wifey for a meal at a local pub. Was pleasant enough, but I wasn't in the mood. I just felt like screaming. I ended up drinking 2 pints with the meal, which I really shouldn't have as I was driving. Did manage to nick a very nice pint glass though.
Friday, I went to visit the college friends.
Drove down and met up with the New Parents. Made the appropriate cooing noises over the baby... who was pretty cute, but then he only has one job, and that's to look cute...
Lunch was nice and fuelled with coffee, dinner with Ikea Couple was very booze fuelled. Glad to say no hangover this morning... was really worried that there would be, but I slept well, and woke at a civilised late hour.
Popped over to see Ma and Pa (http://confused40s.blogspot.com/2009/07/you-try-not-to-become-your-parents-but.html) And had a nice chat...

Trouble was that from the moment I arrived at New Parents house I wanted to get the FUCK out of there... All the way through the dinner I made all the appropriate noises, joined in, but I wanted to run. One of the reasons I drank as much as I did was to make sure I didn't get in the car and Get The FUCK out of there.
The last thing I did was to not do something. I was going to visit Zgirl but she was working until late in the afternoon, I made an excuse to avoid going over. She wasn't happy. Several messages on my phone this afternoon as a result.

And so to bed... oh damn, got to unload the washing machine... and then to... oh no, better make some food for work tomorrow... and so to... Ah, who am I kidding???

No comments:

Post a Comment