Tuesday 6 April 2010

And as I'm going out of the door, Number 1 Son putting my stuff in the car, me upstairs saying goodbye.
I look at her and say I'm sorry, because I can't go to Rome. I can't see how I can plead poverty to my father and everyone else and book a £600 holiday. So for once I have to say "No".
She looks at me and gives me the usual response "What do you want me to say?"
I'm thinking I want you to give me an alternative, be annoyed, try to negotiate, anything that I can work with, react to, help with... but I just get "Ok".
Then she says "I just thought it would be nice to get away so we could relax, and talk and have some"
"What did you say?" I ask... Did she just say "Lets Talk"?
Yes... that's what she said.

So now I'm even more wound up because... We can't talk about it. And We can't go away and talk, because I've vetoed the trip.
Clever.
Its now my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment