Sunday 30 August 2009

but... never mind

I woke up at 7:30 to a call from eldest child asking me to collect him and a girl from a party they'd been to all night.
Took them for breakfast then dropped her home, he slept all day.
I went and got forms from Post Office,paid bills, other Saturday bits and pieces...

Then, in the afternoon, I watched the rugby on the Beeb. Followed by footy scores. which is where it all went wrong. In the middle of Final Score she turned over. Not a word, just picked up the remote and turned over.
"errr... I was watching that..." I said.
"But I only let you have it on for the rugby, and that's over."

Oh, so that's alright then. If only I'd realised I was being "allowed" to watch the rugby, I wouldn't have spoken out of turn.
I'm not sure how she took my shocked silence, as she turned it back and didn't speak to me again until I'd cooked a meal poured wine, and she was watching X-Factor. I have to put up with that, CSI (several variants), NCIS, endless reruns of Friends, and whatever trash TV is on non-stop in the house, but how dare I ask for control of the viewing for more than 45 minutes!

But...

never mind...

forget I spoke...

No comments:

Post a Comment