Friday 14 August 2009

Oddness increases.

So the plant broke again... About 3:15 on Thursday I was clearing one of the vessels and there was a strange noise. Investigations found that the inlet valve had been well and truly clouted by the clearing mechanism. The shaft of the valve is about an inch thick and had a 20 degree bend in it now...
So the valve was dismantled and collected and will be back on Tuesday - probably.
Well, maybe...

All this meant I cleared off early last night, and very early tonight.

So despair because work is difficult again, due to mechanical faults in the plant that they wont maintain, replace or deal with.
Also will have to work on Saturday next week... Bollocks.

Then I drove home. Long drive that has left me crabby and tired.
Also - a weird feeling to listen to "Any Questions" on Radio4. Mainly because Toby Young was on it - and I've always rather liked him. But by the end of the programme I was ready to drive anywhere so I could punch him. To Death!
Then the Buffton-Tuffton type rich farmer who I thought I'd hate as he was introduced was one of the most charming, and funny, guests I could have imagined. He was a bit "old school" sexist at a few points, but was happy to be lambasted for it and really didn't seem to mean what he said... more doing it to make the programme interesting! Very entertaining.

I'd been dying to see the Perseid meteor shower over the last few nights - but one night it was cloudy, the next was raining, and last night I was free... So I drove out to look at them, and then got a panic/agoraphobia attack.
Ended up back at my digs drinking port with Landlady.

At least that was pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment