Monday 21 December 2009

Aftermath...

Went out last night with Landlady, BF and Tigerman. Was a bit worried about getting very drunk, as they are far heavier drinkers than I am these days.
I needn't have worried...

We met in a pub in the city that has recently been refurbished. It's absolutely fantastic. Real fire, great beer, comfy, modern yet reassuringly old fashioned... Just my sort of place!
Then we went to the curry restaurant. It was a buffet and I didn't have great hopes for it, the quality is usually not up to much as they are trying to provide a range of food for not much money.
The food, however, was excellent, the waiters were attentive without being overbearing and it was a completely excellent experience. I was worried when cocktails made an appearance, but I managed to hold my nerve and only have one, and I deliberately went for one I wasn't going to glug down in seconds flat.
After the meal we stopped in at another pub for a "swift gin", although I drank some scotch. Met some new people, and felt fairly happy with my input, as I can sometimes get a bit OTT when I meet new people.
Finally home for a contentedly full slump in front of the telly and a nice sleep...

Makes a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment