Thursday 31 December 2009

I love my job...

So the boss has been giving everyone time off.
The plant is broken, we've cleaned everything to within an inch of its life, its Xmas, so he's been generous. Which is nice, right?

Well, you'd think, wouldn't you...

He gave Ginger Ninja (who was on nights) most of his shift off as we didn't need that machine running all night. Cool.
I come in a 6am. Start work, sorting things out. Boss arrives at 9am. I see him at about 11am. He tells me Thursday shift is cancelled, the weekend shifts are cancelled, everyone is getting a shift off.
Great.
"Can I leave a little early? an hour or two?" I'm hopeful, surely I can get away early today...
"No, sorry, I can't afford to have that part of the plant shut down today."

Eh? The part that you shut down for 6 hours last night, the part you are shutting all weekend, the part that produces the product we can't find room to store any more? That part can't be shut down for 2 hours today? How does that work?

So I did 32 hours this week. Indian Guy did 20, Ginger Ninja did 6, and Temp guy did no hours... Please note, those are the hours I did - far, far less work was done. In fact, had he let me have 2 hours off, I'd have done more work in 10 hours than I did in 12.
I guess there are way and means for levelling the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment