Thursday 17 December 2009

Its not getting any better, is it?

Its just Loom Loom Loom... Bode Bode Bode...

Zgirl sent me a message when I was in a bad way the other day, I was trying to be nice, so said something like "Im not in a good place, very down, I'll only be nasty if we talk tonight..." simply because I just couldn't be fun.
Next day I was still bad, but better and asked how she was. And I realised what a gap there is between her and me from a cultural point.
All she could say to me was "Why do you get down? Just don't worry about things and it will be ok."
I tried to explain in a message, but she just doesn't get it. Depression is so far outside of her experience it just doesn't register on the radar. To her I, have it made. How could i possibly be sad? Why am I not happy all the time? It is a simple thing to be happy, don't worry and all will be well...
I guess the world is a simpler place to her. Probably for the better...

No comments:

Post a Comment