Friday 24 September 2010

I might not make it...

I'm trying to post every day until the end of October, but I realise that I might not make it this weekend.
I've got 6 long drives to do over two and a half days, work, a son to pack off to university, a wife to calm down after she freaks out that she's all alone, and... that's just the stuff I know about!
So I guess that I might just miss a day, or two, or even three.
Apologies are proffered in advance, and I hope you don't mind too much if it comes to pass. Sometimes life gets in the way.

I'm a bit antsy, truth be told. Not only is him leaving home affecting me more than I ever thought it would, I am getting more nervous every time I leave here, and I get worse every time I come back.

Oh, and last night I upset Wifey. We were eating dinner and I realised that not only does her jaw crack and click in a horrible grinding way (something that has been happening for several months but she insists there is nothing wrong and wont consider seeing the doctor) but she has started eating with her mouth open.
Really open.
Last night I couldn't take it and spoke out. She looked shocked, but closed her mouth.
"Does your jaw hurt? Is that why you are chewing so loudly?" I asked
She said not, in a somewhat hurt way - almost as if to say I shouldn't have mentioned it if I loved her.

Love has a limit and eating with your mouth wide open and so loudly I can't hear the telly is definitely on the other side of that limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment