Thursday 16 September 2010

We've had a visit from Bottom Inspectors at work. (reference to Viz comic, not actual proctologists or anything. That would be weird.)

A few chickens have come home to roost. In fact, the audit was so bad there may be job losses as a result of contracts being cancelled. Best of all the bosses have nowhere to hide. True, some errors were due to us, but the massive structural problems are down to them to fix. I'm not a builder, so I can't repair the massive cracks in the floor.

Anyway - I got home after my night work of the last few days, a pleasant drive down one motorway and up another. I got in, put the kettle on and realised there was a message from the Ginger Ninja on my phone. Wifey had said "I bet Ginger is on the phone before you get home." when I called to let her know I was leaving.
The message went "Hello Big Boy!" (No, really it did... He's a sad, strange little man!) "Pointy Haired Boss is on the rampage, everyone has to do extra hours. Gimme a call before he does!"
I thought two things. 1 - Nope, I've done way more hours than everyone else for the last few months, I'm not doing any more. And 2 - Nope! I've done way more hours than everyone else for the last few months, I'm not doing any more.

Barely had this crossed my mind than the house phone started ringing. I saw the number and recognised work's number. It could be Ginger I thought, or Pointy Haired Boss. Despite not wishing to talk to either, I answered and it was PHB.
"The fallout from the audit has got worse. I need as many as possible to work over this weekend. Even guys on holiday are coming in. What can you do over the weekend?" He said.
"Nothing. We're going away in the morning. I had this discussion with you a few days ago when The Raja was sick. I could work a few hours on Thursday, but we are away from Friday morning until Monday morning."
"Ah" he said, succinctly.

Ah well, I don't believe in the Seven Deadly Sins, so a lie or two isn't going to bother me. Wifey is going away, but I'm not. I just don't want to drive over 100miles to do work for no extra pay. I want to spend a weekend with Number One Son before he goes to College.

And I fully intend to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment