Tuesday 19 October 2010

An Art work... hmmm?

I like my art a bit mad.
Picasso, Dali, Van Gogh, Epstein, Moore, Hepworth...
I like modern, impressionist, abstract. This is a cause of conflict in the household as Wifey likes pretty pictured of a horse, with some nice flowers and a cottage.
She announced in the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam that he "Was a crap painter, really" the looks of disgust I got were humiliating.

This statue is in Birmingham Art Gallery, and I've been specifically to see it about 3 times. I think it is a wonderfully disturbingly, beautiful figure. The way the face and body don't quite seem to match, giving a beauty that is... worrying. Its almost like it's hiding something, which would suit the subject matter.

Lucifer by Jacob Epstien




It also has a cute arse.

No comments:

Post a Comment