Saturday 2 October 2010

Favourite Song.

I was asked recently what my favourite song was.

And I'd have to answer - I have no idea.

I have a list of several hundred songs that move me in a multitude of ways, that leave me breathless with their beauty, make me think "Best bass riff ever!", or make me think of someone in particular.
For example I always think of a woman I met at a wedding in Scotland 18 years ago when I hear "Whole of the Moon" by the Waterboys. Not because there was anything between us, or that she was beautiful - she was quite unattractive to be honest - but because we talked about music during the meal and that song came up, we both said we loved it (I love it for the line "I saw a rain dirty valley, you saw Brigadoon") and I've never forgotten her since. She was from Manchester, blonde and a fireman's wife. I remember nothing else about her.

I love several song's because of mind-blowing live performances - Elbow's Powder Blue, Foo Fighters' Monkey Wrench, Chemical Brother's Block Rockin' Beats...

Right now... As it varies from time to time... my favourite song is "Easy Living" By Uriah Heep (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1323250/uriah_heep_easy_livin/)
Why?
I have no idea, but it got into my head about 3 days ago and I can't get rid of it. So it will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment