Sunday 3 October 2010

Favourite Movie.

I was also asked about my favourite movie. (Is there a pattern emerging here?)
This I can answer more easily!

I love films, though now I rarely find one that moves me like they did 20 years ago. Avatar was OK, but it's just 'Dancing With Wolves' redone - there's nothing new in the story, just the effects - and that's not really enough.
I loved 'Kick Ass', haven't been able to see Toy Story 3, and thought Inception was better while I was watching it than it actually was. To be honest the sort of films I really want to watch are rarely shown in the multiplexes where I live. I'd need to live in London, Manchester or perhaps Birmingham to be able to see Japanese, French and other 'arthouse' films. Alternatively, I'd need to be able to afford a Sky subscription, and be able to kick the family off the telly to watch what I want to watch.

So here is a list of a few films that I would happily watch over and over and over. I know this because I have.


This is my favourite ever. I never get tired of its quiet, slow story. Great performances, script, tension is built slowly, and there are some wonderful moustaches.


Not the same as the book, and that's a shame, but still a great realisation.


Funny, very sexy, and just great.


Oh so quotable...


A great story that is driven by wonderful performances.


Funny, music is superb, quotable, cameos galore... what's not to like?


For anyone who ever went on holiday by mistake...


Pure Japanese weirdness - it makes little sense to me as a Westerner, but is just wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. "Never get involved in a land war in Asia"

    ReplyDelete