Tuesday 22 September 2009

The coasts are rollering,,,

Well - a boring start to the day.
I'm prohibited from working so I was fannying about trying to get the laptop to connect to my online game, but it wouldn't (I need a new PC here...), and so I was looking forward to a stunningly dull day in the house on my own.
There is only so much Facebook you can take... trust me! And I passed my quota yesterday.

Then inspiration - why not hop on a train to Birmingham? It's only about 3 stops, and about £3... so I did.
Spent a lovely few hours in the Art Gallery before heading to the Bull Ring.
By this time I needed to eat and my mood was starting to slip. I didn't fancy a burger, or Pret a Manger, Eat or the Noodle bar in Selfridges... Yo Sushi seemed like it might be a good idea, but the first dish I saw was priced at £15.99... I passed.
I ended up eating in a Japanese cafe. Sashimi salad was lovely. The fried chicken was succulent and tasty and the rice was lovely. Japanese curry is a weird thing though... it always reminds me of Northern Chippy curry. And then there was the drink... Green Tea Latte. Can't say I'd recommend it. At all. It was very green, though. Far too sweet and somewhat cloying. I'll got for the old fashioned weak, milkless, hot, bitter green tea next time. But its good to be open to new things... even if they don't turn put as nice as you'd hoped!

But my mood didn't improve. And there seemed to be a lot of lovely women to look at, which made me lonely and horny... It was only when the girl at Tesco struck up a conversation about music with me as she scanned my copy of "Word" that my mood improved at all. We chatted for a few minutes about Bowie, Dylan and other stuff... She seemed to be far too young to be into my music, but was knowledgeable, so "C'est la vie, say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell!"

There's a Propaganda record on the radio... Makes me think of my school friend who was killed about 5 years ago. He was a massive fan of them, Frankie, and ZTT record in general. Really loved that electro sort of thing. And I always think of him when I hear any of their records.

No comments:

Post a Comment