Sunday 20 September 2009

Rollercoaster

Had a great day out yesterday.
Went to a Japanese festival somewhere near Liverpool Street in London. Much hilarity at the choir who were singing soft and sensitive music when an error on the mixing desk fired 20 000 decibels of crashing chords though the PA... cue everyone in the choir and the audience jumping a mile and laughing uproariously. Drumming displays, Frank Chickens, and traditional music and songs also featured.

Then took Number 1 Son round some old haunts, via Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square and Oxford Street, and then home on the train and getting in about 8pm, completely knackered.

Was getting ready for bed and thinking about Z when she sent a text. Always find that a bit spooky... but there is obviously no supernatural reason for it. (Got that? Good!) We swapped a few messages before I realised I was falling asleep, so I said goodnight. Her last message, which I saw this morning was, essentially, a "Harrumph!!"

I have to leave this morning. I am working this afternoon. Kindhearted boss says we all have to 'do extra at this time'. He will be doing extra hours at home having left early again on Friday.
("Deep breath, Keep calm, Carry on!")

And I have woken up at the bottom of the rollercoasters dip. Perhaps its because I'm hungry, or because the last two days have been so good, or because Z was in touch, or because I could do with another day off...


or maybe its just one of those days.
("Deep breath, Keep calm, Carry on!")

No comments:

Post a Comment