Thursday 10 September 2009

So far... So...

Well, I think "good" is the word.

I woke up feeling refreshed and rested. Which in itself is unusual.
Someone at work gave a bottle of Sake, which he had in turn been given by someone. I opened it and had some with a cheese and pickle sandwich, and a piece of apple pie. I watched the football highlights and dozed off in the chair before the last goal was scored.
I was woken by the ejaculations of the commentators and staggered up the stairs and straight into bed.

After a slow start, I decided to treat myself to breakfast, and wandered into the city centre. Its a lovely day, and I sat at a table in the window watching people heading to work in the glorious sunshine. Sadly the food wasn't as good as I'd been lead to believe it would be. Bacon and egg were good, as was the black pudding, but the sausage, hash brown and beans were not good. The sausage was especially bad. Also the coffee, though reasonable, was in a cup so small as to barely give refreshment to a pixie, let alone a great, fat eejit like myself!

Having settled my bill I walked further into the city and bought "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" before taking my place on a sunny bench overlooking the pool and the minster to read for a while. The ducks sputtered and quacked most pleasantly.
I read for a while before trying to book a massage (the proper sort - nothing tacky, thank you every much!) My only failure of the day so far.

The washing is drying, the water for a bath is heating, for once... I'm OK.
I know it wont last for ever, but I am enjoying it immensely right at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment