Wednesday 2 September 2009

Grey day and Psycho female neighbours...

Moods been swinging between light and dark today. Sort of grey on average, but too rollercoastery for comfort.

What made me laugh is the psycho woman over the other side of the street.
When I came up to the digs she had coned off a section of the parkable area outside her house (a public street, not a drive or private area) with notices saying "Urgent delivery - please DO NOT PARK!!!"
Well, I doubted there would be a delivery on a Bank(National) Holiday, but I parked elsewhere. The area was still coned off when I got in at about 7pm last night... and again when I got home a 4pm today.
Exactly how urgent is this delivery?
Well, after 3 days, I reckon the coned off area is fair game. So I pulled up, moved the barriers she'd created, and parked my car.
She flew out of her house shouting "I'm expecting a delivery! Its Urgent! You CAN'T DO THAT!! You Arsehole!!!"
I did my best to be calm in the face of this, pointed out that the delivery hadn't arrived for 3 days, was unlikely to arrive after 4:30, and she had no right to rail off parts of the street - I think she might have broken the Highways Act, in fact, though I didn't say that.
I was going to say that I'd move the car if the delivery arrived and needed to park right there. Again, something I'd doubt... I mean what could be being delivered that couldn't be carried 20 yards?
But she was so foul, shouting that the people on "that side" think they own the street and saying "Where do you live? I want to know!" at which point I said... "OK. That's enough" and walked away while she screamed abuse down the road.
From my room I could see that she took in the rest of the cones after talking to her neighbour.

I must remember to check the car before I drive off in the morning. There's a lot of odd people about...

No comments:

Post a Comment