Wednesday 28 October 2009

Coffee, sleep and bum calls...

Its funny what you discover.
One day last week I discovered I prefer black coffee to white. Funny that about a year ago I was drinking lattes... And I don't mean I prefer it, really, I mean I LOVE black coffee. I can't believe I've been drinking it white all these years!
Maybe I should cut down on the coffee...

But if I cut down on the coffee I'd be asleep in no time. I've had about 4 hours sleep in the last 38 hours... and I'm working a day shift tomorrow. So I need an early night, and I can't sleep now, much as I want to, or I'll be up all night. Argh!
Damn my boss and his stupid shift pattern!!
Fuck, I'm tired.

When I woke from my short sleep there was a missed call from LBJ on my phone. It's rare for her to call me, so it meant there was something up, or something she needed to know. So I called her.
She answered and even though I was somewhat befuddled, I could tell she was confused to be called by me.
"You called me this morning." I said.
"No, I didn't" she said, "Not on purpose, anyway..."
Ah... that was it.
A bum call.
She'd sat on her phone, or put something on it in her bag, or something... Silly girl.
It was nice to hear her voice for the first time since August though.

No comments:

Post a Comment