Tuesday 13 October 2009

A simple misplaced item has ruined my only proper day off this week.
I can't find my wallet, or my keys or my phone - so three items, really. Well more if you count each key separately... Hmmm - back up a little. Keys are a singular thing for the purpose of this discussion/neurotic freakout.

SO! 3 things have gone missing.
The place is a mess. They've fallen down someplace and I can't see them. But as Wifey is on a week of nights I can't search the room.
So I'm stuck here.
No food to speak of in the house.
No tea.
No way of getting the car to the MOT testing place.
No way of calling anyone to chat to relieve the boredom.
I'm hungry, pissed off, and my brain is beating the rest of me up so hard until the inside of my skull is black and blue and looks like an abattoir...
I want to cry, but I can't.
I want to be anywhere else, but I can't be.
I wish so many things were other than they are, but they are as they are.

Maybe in a few days I'll look at this post again and I'll remind myself that my worries, anxieties, panics are so fleeting it is stupid to have them at all. That does happen a fair bit. But right at this moment all I can see is me being unable to find wallet, keys or phone and being fired as I can't get back to work without a minimum of 2 from 3.

Bollocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment