Thursday 1 October 2009

There is a frustration in my job. Apart from a crap boss, and poor management skills all round, the plant is crap.
It is almost destined to breakdown when there is a need for it to go well.
I got in this afternoon and was relaxing (falling asleep) in the chair when my phone went. On the other end the Ginger Ninja's Geordie tones come bucketing into my ears. He's a good bloke, but he has no technical knowledge at all, he's doing it all 'parrot fashion'.
The cooling water has gone tits up and he has no idea why. I talk him through the possibles, and we are still no closer to finding a reason. Then I figure it out - there's been a pressure problem with the water all day, and now its causing a full on problem for him on his shift. So he's on the phone to me - twice more while I've been composing this post - trying to get some ideas and answers. Naturally the boss is not available out of work, and so GN has had to come to the only person who might be able to help him. Me.

All I want to do it read my book, play my game, and forget about work until 05:30 tomorrow (what does the "O" stand for? Oooooh my god its early!)

Have also been, stupidly, torturing myself with imaginations of what it would be like to leave my job... Haven't heard about the job I interviewed for last week, but I'm not getting my hopes up. At all... but the vision of handing my notice keeps creeping back to make the coming rejection worse.

Sigh.

On the good - The cute girl in the secondhand bookshop saved me a copy of a Will Self book after our conversation the other night. IMMD!

No comments:

Post a Comment