Friday 9 October 2009

Fatigue

I'm working 12 hour days, 50+ hour weeks and that sort of thing at the moment, so I'm exhausted.
I got in last night, ate, had a bottle of Duvel and tried to read. After an hour I had managed 1 page.
I gave up, called Wifey to say goodnight and turned the light off.
I was asleep in seconds.
Somewhere about 2am I woke up to turn the radio off and went straight back to sleep. 4:30 woke me to let me know the toilet was free, so I availed myself and now the alarm is going off every 5 minutes to remind me that another 12 hours is waiting for me at work...
I not only hate being so tired I can't begin to function once I get home from work, but I hate the fact that I'm being messed about. I can't go home on Saturday when I finish, because I'm working on Sunday night. Just one night shift, but I can't afford the petrol to go home Saturday, back Sunday and home again Monday... So I have 24 hours in my digs which will bore me rigid and I can't see the family.
Ah sod it - I have to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment