Sunday 12 July 2009

Change of plan

I went to the party. I stayed a short while, as it was already late when I got there.
Was nice to see a few people, had a glass of lemonade, some fried chicken, then I left and went for a night time drive in the rain.
Stopped a few miles out of town on the crest of a hill over looking some pleasant farmland, turned the engine off, opened the window and let the rain in to the car.
The silence was lovely.
Obviously it wasn't 'silence' silence, but it was the absence of human noise. For about 15 minutes there were no cars to hear. There was just the gentle patter of rain on the roof of the car, the occasional Tawny Owl call and the distant barks of Foxes and Muntjac. I just sat and listened.
I saw a couple of owls and a Badger on the drive back to the house.

They were in both bed when I got in, having left the party at about the same time I did. I tried to cuddle up to her, but she said she wasn't feeling well, so I put the light out and went to sleep.

The morning brought a black mood made worse by a mouse in the kitchen. The non-lethal trap hasn't worked... and much as I really, really don't want to - Lethal ones are going down.
I've been up about 4hours, and nobody else is up yet. This is usual when I'm home.
Thankfully the mood has lifted somewhat thanks to the BBC i-player.
A conversation with LBJ via txt and facebook always cheers me up too, and she is on good form the last few days.

Not exactly "Sunday Morning, Coming Down" is it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RLiuPRMJy8

No comments:

Post a Comment