Thursday 30 July 2009

Diet

I'm not fit, I am fat.

But by diet I am referring to the concept of "diet" as the whole way of eating and the food one chooses to eat, not the sort of "I've eaten 3 lettuce leaves and I've lost half an ounce, which means I can eat 4 Victoria sponge cakes!" diet the girls in the office all seem to be on at all times.

I am 6'3 and about 18 stone. about 250lbs, 115kg - but that's mostly a guess. I don't think we own a set of scales.

And when I'm at home my diet is appalling. I eat crap. 'Comfort' food, junk, lots of biscuits, cake, ready meals... generally shit food.
When I'm away I eat a lot more veg, fruit, a lot less meat, a lot more fish...

This is mainly because I'm outnumbered 2 to 1, and they don't like vegetables, or fruit that's not covered in cream. Veg is considered OK when covered in cheese sauce or gravy or roasted in lots of fat... but only just.

I can really see the difference in myself. Mood is part controlled by food. When I eat better, I feel better. Several portions of fish during the week seems to be helpful to my mood and lots of veg and fruit makes me feel full for longer and stops me grazing on sweet things during the evening. Here I am always going to the cupboard looking for biscuits, crisps, and I eat far too much of it.

I also want to eat at about 6:30, everyone else wants to eat at 8:30-9pm, which I feel is far too late in the day to eat, but I can't seem to win the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment