Saturday 25 July 2009

Not with a bang, but a whimper?

Wifey showed me what she'd been working on.

It was a picture of us mounted on a homemade frame that she calls a layout. There was hearts and flowers and messages of "true love always" and stuff like that all around it. It was skillful, clever and artistic and it left me completely, utterly cold.


I grew up with no photos in the house - My dad never let us have photos up. I found out in my late teens his violent, nasty, abusive mother insisted on posed family portraits - so he associated pictures with a false front of reality that was presented to the public, but inside it was nothing but violence and hate.


So I suppose that's why the scrapbooking thing leaves me cold. I know there's no romance in our marriage any more... its pretty dead. There's rarely any sex, years between occasions of lovemaking. No intimacy.

So I guess thats it.

No comments:

Post a Comment